Recently the LAPD did a two neighborhood study, one received Ring smarthome camera doorbell products, and the other neighborhood didn't. The LAPD “saw a 50% reduction in porch pirate thefts and burglaries in the neighborhood with the door bells - the other side saw no changes.”
Last year 11 Million U.S. Homeowners Experienced Package Theft
“The average value of lost packages was $200+ to replace and 80% of homeowners said that they would rather purchase smart home camera visual technologies vs continuing to spend money replacing stolen stuff.”
- U.S. homeowners receive an average of 27 packages each year
- 26% receive deliveries at least once a week
- Theft increases to 81% during the holidays.
- Most packages are stolen during the day when everyone is gone (74%)
- Theft victims spend close to $200 to replace each stolen package.
- 28% said it would be best if delivery companies would leave packages inside their homes.